The Test Drive Your Future Experience
The Toolbox You Need To Choose A Career Path You’ll Never Regret
Get in the driver’s seat of your life now
Are you in control of your future?
If you don’t take the wheel, someone else will take it for you.
The Test Drive Your Future Experience
An interactive online course and coaching program that teaches young independent learners like you how to choose a career path with confidence, clarity, and purpose…
Helping you save TONS of unnecessary time, effort, and money!
Changing the Game
In the last 10 years, we’ve shown hundreds of young adults how to get the life they want without years of hard work, trial and error, and thousands in student loan debts. We’ve test-driven careers for ourselves and we can help you do the same.
Test Drive Your Future is all about helping you choose a college and career path that meets the following criteria:
- It is in alignment with your unique skills and talents
- It will not place you in crippling student loan debt
- It will interest, inspire and fuel you for years to come (emotionally and financially)
And doing so in a way that makes you feel both confident and clear about your decision.
We call this “Being In The Driver’s Seat of Your Life”
The Experience Is Based on Our 10-Step Process to Choosing a Career with Confidence
The content of the TDYF Experience is based on our “Test Drive” process, which walks students through uncovering, testing, and choosing a career that is a really good fit. The entire course is delivered online.
Part 1: Build Your Driver Profile
- Mile Marker 1: Get a “big picture” view of your life: the past, where you’ve come from, and the future, what you really want out of life after graduation.
- Mile Marker 2: Identify your “core components,” the six essential elements that play a critical role in helping you choose a career that interests, inspires and fuels you.
- Mile Marker 3: Identify those things that can take your future career choice from a great fit to a perfect fit by looking at your workplace, geographic, lifestyle, and salary preferences.
At the end of this section the student will have completed a Driver Profile and begun assembling a Career Lot.
Part 2: Career Shopping
- Mile Marker 4: The best career for you could be one you’ve never heard of. In this mile marker you will “shop around” and explore careers which you may have never considered before.
- Mile Marker 5: Assemble your choices, organize your “Career Lot,” and prepare for your first Test Drive!
At the end of this section the student will have a comprehensive Career Lot ready to test drive.
Part 3: Career Test Drive
- Mile Marker 6: Perform a thorough “walk around” of a potential career to see if it will be worth your time and energy to explore further.
- Mile Marker 7: Perform an Interest Inspection to prove whether your chosen career can truly maintain your interest.
- Mile Marker 8: Get expert advice that will help you make a quantum leap in clarifying whether your chosen career path is the right fit for you.
- Mile Marker 9: Get “behind the wheel” of your chosen career to complete the final and most definitive steps of the test drive process.
- Mile Marker 10: Make a clear, confident, inspired, and enthusiastic career choice.
At the end of this section the student will have a completed a Career Scorecard for at least one career, which can be re-used as many times as they like.
Aloha, We Are Jim & Beth Hood.
Your “Driving” Instructors
We struggled greatly with our college and career decisions, and as a result, we are passionate about helping students and their parents make better decisions—about college, career, AND money. So passionate that we wrote three books on college and career choices for students, and founded Test Drive Your Future.
We are equally excited about entrepreneurship and have built four successful businesses together. We’ve designed careers that allow us a great amount of freedom and flexibility to raise our family in beautiful Hawaii and are proud to be among the 30% who can truly say, “I love my work.”
Our vision is to inspire a community of young people to find careers they love and push the national average well beyond 30%!
What Professionals, Parents, and Students Are Saying About Test Drive Your Future
I was immediately drawn in by the metaphor and challenge that you would never buy a car without test driving, why would you do that with something as important — and costly! — as your college major and eventual career? Test Drive Your Future makes it fun, easy and compelling for students (or career changers) to connect with their values, goals and skills and learn a process for evaluating potential career choices to see if they match up….The suggestions on how to really get to know a career are terrific real world suggestions that many high school students would never realize are possibilities….
I am so impressed! This is a GREAT gift to young people, and their families. NO ONE talks to students this way! You hit them with all their senses flaring . . . it’s great. You take them seriously. But you don’t expect them to know more than they do. Beautiful!
Joyce ReedFounder and Director of College Goals, Former Associate Dean of the College at Brown University
After years of listening to the adults in my life express their frustration, boredom, and anxiety about their jobs, I made the decision that I would spend my own adult life doing something that was genuinely worth my time and energy, something that I would walk away from as the end of the day feeling inspired and fulfilled by. Test Drive Your Future has increased my confidence in my ability to achieve this. I commend the Hoods for creating a straightforward and engaging tool to help my generation enter the ‘real world’ in a way that is satisfying and meaningful.
ShivaniHigh School Graduate
When I heard Jim and Beth speak, I was impressed and delighted by their spunk, their authenticity and their skill in connecting with a young adult crowd. They are both brilliant speakers with a clear dedication to helping young people make fulfilling life choices. They’re the kind of people you want to influence your kids!
Joyce Marvel-BenoistSelf Empowerment Counseling
Choosing the right career path is kind of a big deal…
Test Drive Your Future is the toolbox you need to choose the right path to an awesome future. The future is YOURS to shape. So start shaping!
Sign Up Today for Immediate Access
NOW 50% OFF
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
You can begin the course as soon as you enroll and complete it at your own page. All lessons are available immediately!
How long do I have access to the course?
You will have lifetime access to the course!
How long will it take to complete the course?
The first 8 mile markers as outlined in the course will take a minimum of 10 hours to complete. The last mile markers are experiential and will be variable depending on how much time you want to invest.
What are the best ages for the course?
Most student career experts recommend starting to make these decisions in the sophomore year. We think it’s never too early or too late to apply the Test Drive Process, and we have used our materials with middle school and college students as well.